am a little -no a lot- terrified when i see commercials for diapers for kids 4 and up.
4 and up????
is this for real?
I got this info from familydoctor.org:
When should I start toilet training my child?
Signs that your child is ready include the following:
- Your child signals that his or her diaper is wet or soiled.
- Your child seems interested in the potty chair or toilet.
- Your child says that he or she would like to go to the potty.
- Your child understands and follows basic instructions.
- Your child feels uncomfortable if his or her diaper is wet or soiled.
- Your child stays dry for periods of 2 hours or longer during the day.
- Your child wakes up from naps with a dry diaper.
- Your child can pull his or her pants down and then up again.
You may start noticing these signs when your child is 18 to 24 months of age. However, it is not uncommon for a child to still be in diapers at 2 and a half to 3 years of age... read more here.
talk to me, people. what have your experiences been with potty training? boy vs. girl? what age? what were some of the hurdles? how did you make it stick?
( yes, i KNOW i haven't even HAD liam yet but as an insomniac, you'll continue find me thinking WAAAAY ahead. hopefully in THIS case not TOO TOO far ahead. ;-) )